Consumer Complaint Information

Are you being charged for services you are not receiving or didn’t request? Have the charges on your bill increased without you knowing why? Do you have other complaints regarding your telecommunications service?

Some billing and service disputes can be handled directly with your service provider. When you call, it is important to note the customer service representative that you speak with and the date that you call. Also, take notes of the outcome of your conversation. What information did the representative provide that was helpful? Did speaking with the representative clarify your issue in any way? Were you able to solve part of the problem? What remains unresolved?

Both the Public Utility Commission (PUC) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) have representatives in charge of handling customer issues regarding utilities. The information about your interaction with the service provider representative will be helpful if you decide to file a complaint.

After you have contacted your service provider and have decided to file a complaint, you should contact the PUC first. The PUC and DOJ work together to solve consumer problems but individual cases are generally handled by the PUC.

The PUC has an online consumer complaint form for consumer complaints. You may also provide the information via e-mail, fax, or in a letter. In order for the PUC to help you with your complaint, it is very important to provide all of the requested information. For telecommunications specific issues, it is really useful to have a copy of your service agreement and the bill that can be used as evidence of the issue.